In simple words, yoga is a discipline based exercise whose aim is to relax your body and get peace in your mind.
As most of the words derived from sanskrit, yoga is also derived from sanskrit word name ‘Yuj’. In Sanskrit yuj stands for ‘to join’ or ‘to unite. If we go through its origin and history we will find that yoga is a thing way before religion was a thing. It has been practiced for several thousand years. Some historical evidence shows that yoga has been practiced from the pre-Vedic period which is 2700 B.C.
Types of yoga:
- Hatha Yoga – Hatha in sanskrit means ‘force’. It consists of different physical postures and positions that help the person to achieve the energy and the balance of the body.
- Vinyasa Yoga – The word ‘vinyasa’ is the combination of two words Vi and Nyasa. Vi means variation and Nyasa means within prescribed limits. It helps you to deal with blood pressure, anxiety, and depression.
- Kundalini Yoga – It is a type of yoga which stands for ‘yoga of awareness’. It is suitable for people who have bad or problems in their cognitive function.
- Iyengar Yoga – It is another version or similar version of vinyasa yoga which consists of different body postures but with the help of yoga belts or blocks which helps the person in strengthening the muscles, improving the body postures and the flexibility.
- Aerial Yoga – Anybody (beginners or the advanced) can practice this. It is a mixture of both traditional yoga and cardio exercises. It helps to burn body fat, increases body strength, and improves flexibility and body postures.
Who, Where, And When
Everybody or anybody can do yoga. Yoga came in every format like beginner and advanced. There are also various types of yoga which can be practiced by the people who are suffering from some medical conditions. People can do the yoga according to their own choice which means it can be practiced either in the morning or in the evening. It can be practiced either in the home, outside the home, in the park, near the lake. Some advanced people also performed yoga in extreme weather conditions. There are asanas which you can do before and after having the meals. Yoga is one of the best habits that a person can adopt in their lifestyle.